Government Funding

The Enchanted Wood Day Nursery is registered for both Two Year Old Funding and Three - Four Year old Funding from the government. 

We do offer the 30 hours Government Funding, however please note that this is only eligible for children whom attend full day sessions.


Two Year Old Funding...

You may be eligible for Two Year old Funding for your child if you receive one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income - based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
  • Income - related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • The Working Tax Credit 4 - week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credit

Children are also entitled to a place if:

  • They are looked after by a local council
  • They have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan
  • They get Disability Allowance
  • They have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.


Three - Four Year Old Funding

Every 3- 4 year old is eligible for the 'Universal'15 hours government funding for 38 weeks of the year.

The 'Extended' 15 hours, you will have to apply through HMRC or the Early years Education Childcare Portal where you will receive an eligibility code. For more Information and for the correct forms that need to be completed please speak to Kerry or Karly.


You can start claiming for both types of free childcare the term after your child's second or Third birthday.

For Example:

Childs Birthday                                        When you can claim

1 January to 31 March                              The beginning of term on or after 1 April

1 April to 31 August                                  The beginning of term on or after 1 Sept

1 September to 31 December                    The beginning of term on or after 1 Jan